A place for anyone with an interest in magic to hang out and chat

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Science Friction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Le Fevre
Admin

PostSubject: Science Friction   Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 pm

If you're thinking of buying this roughing-fluid-like spray, you might like to read Bob Cunningham's post of yesterday at http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=260249

(I had in fact earlier speculated in http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=448082&forum=37&start=30 that Science Friction might be more cheaply available in a different guise, but I was authoritatively assured that it wasn't. *grin*)

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave Le Fevre
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Science Friction   Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am

I am assured that several people can discern a difference between Science Friction and Plasti-Dip. So there must be a difference. If someone has both items/products and can detect a quantifiable difference between them, then it's pointless someone else attempting to argue that the items/products are identical.

And it also appears that Science Friction and Plasti-Dip have the same chemical make-up. Someone on the Genii forum has prepared several cards, some with Science Friction and some with Plasti-Dip., and has posted them to someone else who will compare them blind.

In the meantime, I bought some Plasti-Dip and tried it. And that’s why I writing this. It works. As others have said, Double Lifts and Elmsley Counts become completely natural.

Having said that, the handling of a Plasti-Dipped double card doesn’t seem to differ much from one which has been conventionally roughed. But then I haven’t had that much experience with roughing fluid.

I don’t really see the value of this for an Elmsley Count, ‘cos nearly everything that I perform that uses an Elmsley Count involves multiple Elmsley Counts. But thinking about it as I write this, it could be used in B’wave and in Twisted Sisters for Elmsley Counts.

I have two different presentations for Twilight Angels, and I can think of two different applications of Plasti-Dip for those.

Dave

PS - Much has been made of the fact that one can apply Science Friction to one area of a card, thus giving selective handling. That has been known (and used) with roughing fluid for decades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Science Friction
Page 1 of 1