The Magician's Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for anyone with an interest in magic to hang out and chat

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Science Friction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Le Fevre
Admin
Dave Le Fevre

Science Friction Empty
PostSubject: Science Friction   Science Friction EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 pm

If you're thinking of buying this roughing-fluid-like spray, you might like to read Bob Cunningham's post of yesterday at http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=260249

(I had in fact earlier speculated in http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=448082&forum=37&start=30 that Science Friction might be more cheaply available in a different guise, but I was authoritatively assured that it wasn't. *grin*)

Dave
Back to top Go down
Dave Le Fevre
Admin
Dave Le Fevre

Science Friction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science Friction   Science Friction EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am

I am assured that several people can discern a difference between Science Friction and Plasti-Dip. So there must be a difference. If someone has both items/products and can detect a quantifiable difference between them, then it's pointless someone else attempting to argue that the items/products are identical.

And it also appears that Science Friction and Plasti-Dip have the same chemical make-up. Someone on the Genii forum has prepared several cards, some with Science Friction and some with Plasti-Dip., and has posted them to someone else who will compare them blind.

In the meantime, I bought some Plasti-Dip and tried it. And that’s why I writing this. It works. As others have said, Double Lifts and Elmsley Counts become completely natural.

Having said that, the handling of a Plasti-Dipped double card doesn’t seem to differ much from one which has been conventionally roughed. But then I haven’t had that much experience with roughing fluid.

I don’t really see the value of this for an Elmsley Count, ‘cos nearly everything that I perform that uses an Elmsley Count involves multiple Elmsley Counts. But thinking about it as I write this, it could be used in B’wave and in Twisted Sisters for Elmsley Counts.

I have two different presentations for Twilight Angels, and I can think of two different applications of Plasti-Dip for those.

Dave

PS - Much has been made of the fact that one can apply Science Friction to one area of a card, thus giving selective handling. That has been known (and used) with roughing fluid for decades.
Back to top Go down

Science Friction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magician's Arms :: The Pub :: The Bar-ometer-
Jump to: