The Magician's Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for anyone with an interest in magic to hang out and chat

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian

Ian

Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat Empty
PostSubject: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Don't know if all you guys are subscribed to Kostya's email newsletter (if not, you should be) - but for Valentine's day he's giving away a pdf of his in-the-hands version of Anniversary Waltz.

You need to be able to do Lennart Green's Top Shot - which rules me out, but Chris in - or rework the handling.

Here's the link: http://www.kostyamagic.com/pdfs/secrettrick/Free%20Effect%20from%20KostyaMagic_com.pdf

In return, I think it's only fair if you go to his main site http://www.kostyamagic.com/ and sign up for his newsletter.

Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.ianbrodie.com
Christo

Christo

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks for that Ian, much appreciated.
Will visit his site as requested.

I recommend getting to know this guy: Oliver Meech.
www.olivermeech.co.uk
He is a very approachable nice guy. I just bought his first book "The Plot Thickens". I haven't read it all yet, but his approach to effects is brilliant, very off the wall, and he has a sense of humour.

I assume you have it Dave, as your mentioned in the credits? Oh yes he is........... Very Happy

Chris
Back to top Go down
Ian

Ian

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Looks like some interesting plots there - x-rays, things catching fire, etc.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Dave Le Fevre
Admin
Dave Le Fevre

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 11:13 am

Christo wrote:
I assume you have it Dave, as your mentioned in the credits? Oh yes he is........... Very Happy
You're joking? I've never met the guy. (Though I have read very good reviews of his book.)

Dave
Back to top Go down
Christo

Christo

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 11:51 am

Must be another Dave Le Fevre then.....sorry.

He credits you amongst a few others including Max Maven, for quote:"wading through magical literature to track down elusive references"

Chris
Back to top Go down
Dave Le Fevre
Admin
Dave Le Fevre

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Wow - I didn't know that there was another conjuror called Dave Le Fevre. Interesting.....

I did provide an obscure reference (to the Trilby Deck) to a conjuring reference website, quite a few years ago. But that's the only thing that I can think of.

I shall bask in the (undeserved) glory.

Dave

Afterthought - I have e-mailed him to ask, just out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Dave Le Fevre
Admin
Dave Le Fevre

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Apparently Oliver Meech had posted some questions in the Reference Room forum at Genii, and I'd provider one or more answers. Cannot remember what it was, it must've been something trivial if I knew the answer.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Christo

Christo

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Nonetheless Dave,
you knew the answers, and you were credited for it, which I think is the correct way to do things. Good on you.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Mark Powell

Mark Powell

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Ian - did you manage to put any more work into Kostya's Roadrunner Cull?

It impressed the hell out of me in Blackpool last year.
Back to top Go down
Ian

Ian

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Nah. Wish I had. Didn't touch a deck for about 9 months after "conference season" (for me Blackpool and South Shields) last year. All spare time eaten up by new business.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat   Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat Empty

Back to top Go down

Free "in the hands" Anniversary Waltz from Kostya Kimlat
Page 1 of 1