The Magician's Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for anyone with an interest in magic to hang out and chat

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christo

Christo

Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech Empty
PostSubject: Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech   Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Description: Book by Oliver Meech
Price: £12.49.

Index:
"Stuff with cards"

1. Invisible man.
2. Cardboard Birthday cake.
3. Correctional Facility
4. Not seeing the Wood for the Trees.
5. Telling your Ace from your elbow.

"Stuff with Coins"

1. Fishbowl Coin illusion.
2. Touching Transposition.
3. X-Ray Coin.
4. Swig load.
5. Free Money in every pack.

"Stuff with the mind"

1. Bubble Image.
2. Speechless.
3. Random Poetry.
4. Spin the Bottle.
5. Psychic Strumming.
6. I Spy.

"And Stuff with, well, Stuff"

1. Unwritten.
2. Every flavour Jelly Beans.
3. Flaming Voodoo.
4. On with his head.
5. Final Signature.
6. Secret Service Load.

My Comments:

I thought that 22 effects for £12.49. was excellent value. Oliver has a great sense of humour which is obvious from his writings. He has a very off the wall attitude to his effects, which I find very refreshing. He credits where it is due.

Haveing said that, personally, there are only a few items I would actually use, as I have come away of late from Close-Up/Cards but some can be modified for Stage. My personal favourites were "Telling your Ace from your Elbow", "Can't see the Wood for the Trees" and "Fishbowl Illusion".

I think, for £12.49. you can't go wrong, even if you only used one effect its worth the price.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Mark Powell

Mark Powell

PostSubject: Re: Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech   Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Only just seen this, Chris - thanks for the review.

What's the coin stuff like? You say you like "Fishbowl Illusion"- can you tell us a little bit more about that?
Back to top Go down
Christo

Christo

PostSubject: Re: Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech   Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 9:51 am

Fish Bowl Illusion:

A Coin with a drawing of a fish on one side and a fish bowlon the other, is spun so that the fish "appears" to be in the fish bowl. The coin is spun a second time, and when it slows, the fish is seen to have jumped from one side of the coin to the other so that it really is in the fish bowl.

All his stuff is very off the wall, unusual, but then again thats what makes this book different, and for the money, if I only used one effect from it,its £12.49. well spent.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech   Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech Empty

Back to top Go down

Book..."The Plot Thickens" by Oliver Meech
Page 1 of 1