The Magician's Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for anyone with an interest in magic to hang out and chat

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Collard"....John Archer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christo

Christo

"Collard"....John Archer Empty
PostSubject: "Collard"....John Archer   "Collard"....John Archer EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Name: Collard by John Archer
Price: £35
Genre: Comedic Mentalism

Basic effect:

After taking 5 or 6 random letters from your audience and writing them down, the word/name they form, is exactly that of the name that is written on the "Dog Tag" that is on the collar of a stuffed Dog that has been on view throughout.

Comments:

This effect is much more exciting than my description above. It is based on Al Korans "Gold Medallion" and Don Waynes "Room Service". John Archer has taken this concept, and made it into a hilarious bit of Mentalism. I had not heard of John before now, and I'm soooo glad I found him, he is one very funny man. His presentation tells how he bought this stuffed dog on the suggestion of his wife, when he was complaining how lonely he feels after a show on the way home in the car. He tells you that he hasn't named his pet yet, because he thought it would be a good idea to have a "Nameing Ceremony" here tonight. He then gathers the 5 random letters, with lots of very funny byplay in the procedure. He writes down the letters one by one on a mock "Nameing Certificate". The name is usually something ridiculous like e.g. "ROVME". He calls up an audience member, hands them the dog and the certificate to read out, and here again its funny because of the way the certificate is worded. Once the certificate is read out with the dogs new name, he tells you that actually he did have a name inscribed on the dogs tag because it was a free offer when he bought the collar, and "Can you read out loud what it says?" and of course, its the same as the randomly chosen name.

I recommend, that if you buy this, to also buy John Archers DVD "Educating Archer". As well as some other brilliant effects, you will see him perform "Collard" in his unique way. I just hope I can do it justice.

Chris.

P.S.
You supply your own stuffed dog and collar. You get a special "Dog Tag" and a couple of other helpfull gimmicks.
Back to top Go down
Mark Powell

Mark Powell

PostSubject: Re: "Collard"....John Archer   "Collard"....John Archer EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 pm

So the collar has whatever five letters are called out..?

Just found this on Youtube - Collard. It was posted by Alakazam so I'm assuming it wasn't ripped from the dvd illegally. Smile

So the final name isn't 'engraved' then?
Back to top Go down
Christo

Christo

PostSubject: Re: "Collard"....John Archer   "Collard"....John Archer EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 9:40 am

Mark,
correct, its not actually "Engraved", but a clever use of words sees to that, you ask the spec to read what is "Inscribed" on the tag, and as the spec is the only person to see the tag close up, the rest of the audience assume it is engraved......very subtle.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Collard"....John Archer   "Collard"....John Archer Empty

Back to top Go down

"Collard"....John Archer
Page 1 of 1